Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aids Walk 2009



Today was Aids Walk 2009. We had a dear friend pass away a couple of years ago from Aids. He was one of the funniest people you could ever meet. Today when we went to get his flag to carry in the Aids Walk and it was nowhere to be found (the Aids Walk Organization stores them and brings them to the Aids Walk every year) and the event leaders felt horrible that they had misplaced his flag. So, we did what Lenny would have done, laughed it off,made them promise to find it for next year and went to breakfast and shared our stories about Lenny with each other.

The rest of my week has been just as eventful as today. I have been working two case loads, and I haven't seemed to have anytime for anything other than work. Finally last night I found some downtime. I rush home thinking to myself I can just put on my PJ's and a good movie and vege out. But no ... I get to the house and the AT&T repairman is there hooking up our new phone lines. He knocks on the door and tells me that he needs to get into our basement so he can finish connecting the phone line to the new part of the house. Of course I'm thinking to myself. He needs in the one part of the house that our ghost hangs out in. I put on my brave Dyke armour and I lead the man down to the basement. He goes about his work down there and I come back upstairs. He is down there for about 10minutes and he comes back upstairs . We he gets to the top of the stairs he starts explaining to me that while he was working he saw someone standing by a rack of clothing and started to talk to them while he worked. Then he said he looked back over at the person he was talking to and they were gone! Great ... so someone other than those related to us or knows us has seen the ghost. Now I know it's real! The phone man leaves and I am now left alone and in the dark. I am so grateful Princess came home early to snuggle with!

5 comments:

Squirty said...

Way to take things in stride. His memory was better served by you laughing it off than getting upset!

Your ghost is just creepy! So was the guy freaked out?

Monkey Outlaw said...

He was freaked out which makes me more chicken shit to go to basement!

Dex said...

Not the ghost! Maybe it's basement ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

LMAF, you chicken shit! Come on, dyke it up a notch or two Monkey (saying that of course because I know I'll never have the opportunity to go in your basement). Too fucking funny!

And, what's up? You coming back to blog or what? Still busy at work? Get your butt back here and finish the "how I met Princess" story plus maybe I miss you too. ;)

shane rocket said...

hey where have you been? hope all is well...